It is great to see that the modern-day youth is serious about work and career: students are ready to give their all-out for achieving their dreams.
However, students, teens and young people often get confused when it comes to career planning, remaining in a constant dilemma over various aspects of the professional world; here are some tips to help students decide what to do after school.
5 Tips to decide what to do when you graduate
1: Understand the difference between temporary attraction and a real passion.
- Most people seeking career guidance get distracted by attraction, which is temporary but very common among teenagers, which explains why a social media channel such as Snapchat is so popular. So they get attracted towards various creative fields or show interest in building a specific career, but when it comes to showing that real dedication, they take the back step and start finding things too ordinary, they lack the interest and eventually give up.
- This happens due to temporary attraction: very often, young people don’t get attracted to a particular job; they instead get attracted towards the visual aspects like dressing sense, attitude, and so on.
- Take the case of a rockstar, for example, teenagers often want to become rock stars after attending some sort of music show, but when it comes to creating music, they lack the talent and enthusiasm. Hence, it is advised for students to focus on all the hard work that they have to do, and the challenges they will need to face: this may help in taking the right decision.
2: Be aware of your talents
- The advice career guidance experts would give to confused students and graduates is to choose a career path for which you already have the talent.
- If you have some specific or particular talent, you will naturally enjoy doing that particular thing, and when you enjoy what you do, the output becomes greater: this brings in success, and success is what everyone wishes for.
3: Never be in a hurry
- Some people are blessed with the ability to pick the right career for themselves immediately by understanding what their actual passion is.
- However, they may be doing the huge mistake of remaining in a hurry: they get so desperate to achieve a quick success that they forget the importance of excellence.
- In a competitive field, this may cost them a lot in terms of both career advancement and money.
4: How do you predict the future?
- There is no need to remind you how quickly things are transforming, that jobs that are considered safe career options today may become unsafe in the future. Those interested in a career in technology should be particularly aware of it.
- In this case, speaking to career counselling services organised by HR professionals working in very particular industries may be extremely useful in that regard.
5: Don’t be a bookworm!
- No one is blaming the academic system, but when it comes to careers, people should focus on specific specialisations.
- Many students get extremely greedy and stubborn about getting good scores at school or uni, but career experts always advise to focus on the subject they want to become their job in the future.
- This would help them in feeling good while entering that particular professional field. Also, students should never be fearful of asking questions.